Once we install the Dynamics Portal from the PowerApps Portal, we get a basic OOB portal available for browsing and set of configuration entity for Customization and implementation of business requirement on the Portal.
The root entity for the Portal configuration is the Website Entity which shows all the different types of the portal you have installed. This website entity is the master and discriminates the customization record for the different portals you have installed earlier and helps to link all the configuration record for any particular portal and which further helps in-migration from dev to prod also
Below is the diagram showing all the configuration entity which helps in the development of Dynamics Portal.
As we know now that the Database for the Portal and CRM are same, So the conguration is also done from the CRM itself.
Now as in the diagram above, You can configure/create a new page or customize an existing page with the help of configuration entity you get in the portal Module. The list of entities and how are they constructed has been defined below:
- Web Page: This is the base entity to create any new page in Portal, this page has a field called Partial URL where you can provide the url extension for the page. You also need to provide the Page Template as mandatory lookup field.
- Page Template:
- Page template is one of the major components of portal designing, Page template helps in expanding the scope of customization for a portal page. You have the option to either include a web page created or hosted outside your portal by selecting the Re-Write option in page template or by selecting a Web Template wherein you can create your own design for the page using HTML, Liquid Template and directly embedding the web-form,entity-form or entity list.
- Page Templates are designed in such a way that they can be re-used at many places if the basic layout of the two pages remains the same.
- Web Template:
- Web Templates are considered to be most important and the place where actual portal customization happens. Web Templates can be used in conjunction with page templates or can be called/included directly from another web Template to help in designing a new Portal page. They are often used as macros to store reusable design or code.
- Portal pre-defined header and footer are also designed using Web-Template.
- Entity Form:
- You can create an entity form to accept or collect or just to showcase any data from or to the end-user respectively, it will display a single-step form with submit/update button to the users where they can provide the data and submit the records, once Submit it can either create a new record or update an existing one or can be a read-only form also based on how you design.
- You can create/design this page and add it on the web page or use it in the web Template to call dynamically.
- You can design this page for Insert, Update, Read and provide the entity name on which it needs to operate
- Web Forms :
- Web Forms are actually like an updated/enhanced version of Entity steps, It has all the features of an Entity form, In entity form, you can only have a single step user acceptance form whereas Web – Forms provides you the feature to add multiple step form.
- It just like the tab we have in CRM to accept data where we collect related data in one tab and then different set of related data in next tab, so here instead of the tab, you can click on next button which shows a new page(Continuous.) to the end-users.
- You can also add a conditional statement in between two continuous pages.
- Entity List :
- Wherever you require to add any list or subgrid related to CRM entity records on the portal then you can create one entity list and add that to the web Page.
- While creating an entity list you need to add the specific entity for which you want that list, then you have to select one of the active views of the entity and you can also provide the relation with the current user or account to only show the related records.
- You can also create and use the entity-list inside a web-template as per your requirement.
- Web Files:
- This entity is used to store the downloadable files used in portal designing, you can store all the portal image file (logos inside portal), style sheet(.css) or any other file which want to add in the portal. So these are attached in the note section as as an attachment of the entity records.
- Web-Files parent page decides an on which all page or which all web-page can access that file, it will accessible for the parent -page specified and all the child pages to that page and then to the end of the hierarchy.